TL;DR: Discover eight top Samcart alternatives and learn why they might better suit your business needs and specific use case.
To be a successful online business owner or entrepreneur, you need a simple, effective way to sell your products and services digitally. And while Samcart is one of the most well-known checkout page platforms out there, it also has a range of competitors to contend with.
If you’ve looked into Samcart—or are already using it—and feel like it might not be the right fit, we’re here to make your search for another sales page software solution a bit easier. We’ll break down some of the reasons you might consider using platforms other than Samcart and discuss the top eight available Samcart alternatives. Let’s begin.Give your customers a checkout experience they won’t forgetFlodesk makes it easy to connect with your audience, build impactful checkout pages, and sell your products online.
Why choose an alternative to Samcart?
While Samcart is an excellent ecommerce platform and shopping cart software, there are a few reasons to consider an alternative.
First, Samcart uses a tiered pricing system. While they have a 7-day free trial, after the trial ends, you have to commit to one of their three paid plans:
- Launch: $59/month
- Grow: $119/month
- Scale: $299/month
While Samcart’s Launch plan is relatively affordable, the tiered pricing structure requires you to pay more when you need more capabilities for advanced features. The Launch plan includes all the core features, one admin user, and other helpful tools, but it doesn’t give users access to valuable features like multiple customer payment options, custom checkout fields, subscription saver features, the affiliate center, or A/B testing.
On the other hand, platforms like Flodesk offer flat-rate plans that give users access to all tools and features in one go.
Some Samcart users have also reported that the affiliate center is lacking compared to competitors like Thrivecart. Samcart doesn’t provide affiliates with tracking capabilities (so they don’t know where their sales come from).
8 Best Samcart alternatives
Choosing the Samcart alternative that aligns best with your business isn’t easy. They all offer a similar range of features. However, they all have unique tools, specifically designed for different use cases and customer profiles. Let’s take a closer look at the top eight contenders so you can make an informed decision!
Flodesk was founded in 2019 and has quickly gained a widespread reputation as the go-to platform for stunning, impactful email marketing content. The platform is well-loved by business owners and entrepreneurs with a creative spirit.
And if you create and sell digital products, Flodesk Checkout is the perfect tool to help you create unforgettable checkout pages and set up a steady stream of revenue.
- Flodesk Checkout makes selling your products and services online and monetizing your content easier than ever before
- An easy-to-use, drag-and-drop email builder
- A sign-up form and a landing page builder
- Quickly develop sales funnels and marketing automation with just a few clicks
- A huge library of beautiful, professionally-designed templates for emails, forms, and landing pages
- Easily send highly personalized content to better connect with your audience and send the content that aligns with their interests
- A growing number of native integrations like Shopify, Slack, Instagram, Typeform, and lots more that you can connect via Zapier
- An active Facebook community (Flodesk Insiders) where you can ask for help, get inspired, and connect with other like-minded professionals
- A 30-day free trial
- Affordable, flat-rate plans that don’t involve any surprises like platform fees, overage charges, or price increases as your customer base grows
- A lengthy 30-day free trial you can try out with no strings attached
- Some of the most beautiful design aesthetics on the market, both for email marketing content and checkout pages
- A platform that’s both simple enough for anyone to use and powerful enough for seasoned experts
- Designed with creators, online entrepreneurs, and small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs)in mind
Lots of educational resources to help less experienced entrepreneurs get started (like Flodesk University and our detailed guide to Flodesk Checkout)
- No free plan
- Mostly focused on email marketing and selling digital products
- Some users have reported that marketing automation and sales funnels are less flexible and more limited when compared with other similar software
- Most integrations have to connect via the third-party app Zapier
Flodesk’s pricing makes it a very competitive Samcart alternative. All the paid plans are flat rates, don’t come with any platform fees, and provide unlimited access to all the tools included in your chosen subscription.
- Email: to grow your list, build powerful automations, and send stunning email content for $38/month
- Checkout: to create unforgettable checkout experiences and monetize your content for $38/month
- Everything: to get the best of both Flodesk Checkout and Flodesk Email for $64/month
Want to save even more? Pay upfront for the annual plan.
Flodesk also offers a 30-day free trial with no strings attached.
People who want to knock their checkout experience and email marketing strategy out of the park. Flodesk’s platform is perfect for creatives, SMBs, and entrepreneurs who want affordable, flat-rate pricing they can count on, gorgeous visuals, and a user interface (UI) that is both intuitive and impactful for users of all experience levels.
Flodesk Checkout allows users to create stunning, intuitive, effective, and on-brand sales pages that can boost sales and make monetizing their content a breeze.Give your customers a checkout experience they won’t forgetFlodesk Checkout makes it easy to connect with your audience, build impactful checkout pages, and sell your digital products.
ThriveCart has been around since 2016 and is one of the better-known shopping cart platforms on the market.
- A drag-and-drop editor that’s easy for anyone to use
- Build checkout pages, sales funnels, affiliate programs, and courses
- Unlimited shopping carts
- On-page, embeddable, and pop-up carts
- “Profit boosters” like trials, subscriptions, one-click upsells, and bump offers
- A/B testing
- Establish intelligent customer behavior rules
- In-depth business insights from detailed metrics and forecasting tools
- Integrations with popular tools like Mailchimp, Drip, and Hubspot
- A 30-day guarantee
- The initial steep payment for a lifetime account is good value if you end up loving the ThriveCart platform and using it for months and years into the future
- Extremely intuitive user interface (UI) for beginners and experts alike
- Great payment options as the platform integrate with all major payment gateways and offer lots of flexible payment models
- Offers all the advanced features you’d expect out of a checkout page platform
- Actionable, easy-to-digest reports and analytics presented in a clear dashboard format
- A costly $495 payment for a lifetime account might be out of reach for smaller businesses, and entrepreneurs and it doesn’t offer a lot of flexibility to try out the platform before making a final decision
- Some users find ThriveCart’s page-building functionality limited when it comes to advanced designs and animations
- ThriveCart’s software can be inflexible if you want to set up several different sales funnels with various fulfillment options
- The platform isn’t designed for selling services
ThriveCart’s pricing works a little differently than the other Samcart alternatives on our list. Instead of making regular monthly payments or giving up a percentage-based portion of sales, ThriveCart’s current offer asks users to pay a lump sum of $495 for a lifetime account.
ThriveCart’s lifetime accounts give users unlimited access to the platform and include a 30-day pays-for-itself guarantee.
If you want to use one of the most tried-and-true shopping cart platforms out there and know that it will suit your online business’s needs perfectly, ThriveCart may be for you. Otherwise, it doesn’t make sense to pay the lofty, one-time fee upfront.
When people think of high-converting sales funnels and landing pages, they often think of ClickFunnels. The platform was founded in 2014 and has been used widely by both small businesses and large organizations since then.
- Top-notch marketing and sales funnels
- A specialized follow-up funnel builder
- Intelligent shopping charts and checkout pages
- One-click upsells and downsells
- Great tools for selling memberships
- Affiliate management
- Email marketing and Facebook automations
- An easy-to-use landing page builder that allows you to create pages from scratch or from pre-existing templates
- A/B testing
- A free trial
- Although ClickFunnels presents a bit of a learning curve at first, it’s a relatively easy platform to get the hang of
- A wide range of tried-and-tested templates to help new users get started
- A 14-day free trial
- As it’s one of the most popular and well-established sales funnel platforms out there, the sales funnel feature is top-notch
- ClickFunnels isn’t as affordable as it used to be. The Basic plan is still pretty steep and has limited features. It only includes 20 sales funnels, 100 pages, and 20,000 monthly visits
- Depending on the plan you choose, ClickFunnels either doesn’t have any email marketing features or has a limited offering
- Some users have reported that ClickFunnels’ user experience (UX) and user interface are clunky and need updating
- The ClickFunnels platform can be glitchy and slow to load in general
ClickFunnels offers a 14-day free trial. Once you’re ready to commit to a paid plan, they’ve got two options to choose from:
- Basic: $97/month
- Platinum: $297/month
Users can also get discounts if they pay for their ClickFunnels plan annually rather than monthly.
People specifically interested in building sales funnels and want to use one of the most well-known and dedicated platforms out there.
PayKickstart came to life in 2014 and lets users put together captivating sales pages effortlessly. It’s particularly well-known for its subscription features capabilities and affiliate management center.
- Easy-to-customize checkout experiences with a library of over 50 templates
- Lots of payment options like online card payments, digital wallets, bank transfers, and PayPal
- Coupon codes, order bumps, cart recovery, one-click upsells, and pay-what-you-want
- Revenue retention tools like reminders and cancellations savers
- Subscription management capabilities like free and paid plans, fixed price and usage-based subscriptions, one-time charges, and trial management
- Set up self-service customer portals
- An affiliate management center
- In-depth reporting and analytics
- Although the Basic plan is on the expensive end, it provides a lot of bang for the buck with all its powerful tools
- Paykickstart is on the expensive end for monthly payments, but the platform lets users keep all the profits they make from their sales
- Users report great experiences with their customer service team
- A 14-day free trial
- PayKickstart is a pretty expensive solution, as their introductory-level plan costs a whopping $99/month
- While PayKickstart offers lots of different templates, there’s less diversity than you would expect, and they’re not the most modern on the market
PayKickstart offers a 14-day free trial. After that, they have three different paid plans to choose from:
- Starter (includes $10K/month of revenue): $99/month
- Growth (includes $50K/month for revenue): $199/month
- Scale (includes $200K/month of revenue): $299/month
Businesses looking for shopping cart software that specializes in subscription and affiliate management.
Systeme.io is one of the newer software solutions on our list, only having been founded in 2018. It markets itself as the world’s easiest all-in-one marketing platform.
- A sales funnel builder complete with proven templates
- Email marketing features that let you send unlimited emails and email campaigns
- A website builder
- Affiliate program management features
- The ability to set up advanced business automations
- The ability to develop evergreen webinars
- Online course features so you can deliver your content and communicate with your students
- Advanced blogging tools
- Checkout page and ecommerce capabilities so you can dropship or sell your own products
- Very beginner-friendly and intuitive, with lots of educational resources
- If you’re using all of Systeme.io’s tools together, it’s convenient to have all systems in one place
- A free plan that’s great for those who are just getting started with their online business
- Generally, an affordable platform compared to competitors
- Easy-to-set-up backend automation that can take a lot of repetitive, administrative work off your plate
- The platform can be overwhelming at first because you have to set up so many different tools within Systeme.io’s platform
- Fairly limited customization possibilities and design freedom
- Because Systeme.io markets itself as an all-in-one platform, the platform doesn’t integrate with any third-party apps
Systeme.io has a free plan that’s great for online businesses just getting started. It includes 2,000 contacts, unlimited emails, three sales funnels, and all the other essential features you need to get started and sell your products and services online.
After that, Systeme.io has three tiers of paid plans:
- Startup: $27/month
- Webinar: $47/month
- Unlimited: $97/month
You can also save 30% when you pay for your Systeme.io plan annually rather than monthly.
People wanting a relatively affordable all-in-one platform that encompasses tools for sales funnels, email marketing, marketing automation, website building, affiliate management, and online course management. Systeme.io also has unique features you won’t find with competing software, like webinar tools.
Gumroad keeps things simple! It’s an ideal software solution for online businesses that want to sell digital products and services without any muss or fuss.
- Set up your online store on the Gumroad platform or embed it within your existing website
- Limitless possibilities. You can sell ebooks, online courses, or monthly memberships
- Grow your audience by posting new updates, sending out email marketing content, and setting up automated workflows
- Flexible editor, so you can easily build your storefront and customize your branding
- Seamless payment integrations and secure and smooth payments
- The ability to build membership sites and create subscriptions
- Multiple different currency options
- Set up discount codes
- Sell different versions of your products like PDF, ePub, and Mobi
- Sales data and analytics
- No monthly fees that you have to pay on a recurring basis
- A simple, intuitive platform that’s great for beginners
- Solid customization features for a simpler platform
- Once you’ve made over $10,000 in earnings, the percentage of your sales you pay Gumroad decreases considerably
- If you’re making modest revenue from your online sales, you’ll have to pay Gumroad a pretty high percentage of your income to use their platform
- The platform isn’t set up to sell services
- Fairly surface-level reporting and analytics when compared with more advanced competitors
- Missing some features like the ability to offer free trials and A/B testing
- Limited integrations
- $0.30 charges for each transaction, regardless of how much you sell
You don’t have to pay monthly to use Gumroad, and the platform’s pricing uses a pay-less-as-you-grow model. And no matter how much you sell, you get access to all of Gumroad’s features.
Here’s how much you’ll have to pay based on your lifetime earnings as a Gumroad user:
- $0 earnings: 9% fee*
- $1,000 earnings: 7% fee*
- $10,000 earnings: 5% fee*
- $100,000 earnings: 3% fee*
- $1M earnings: 2.9% fee*
*Gumroad also charges a $0.30 fee for each transaction you carry out on their platform.
People who don’t want to pay monthly for an ecommerce platform but would rather give up a percentage of their sales. Gumroad’s pricing system is also best for online business owners who know they’ll make a steady stream of revenue by selling their physical or digital products, as the fee percentage goes down the more you sell.
SendOwl was founded in 2010 and specializes in helping online business owners sell everything from memberships to online courses to ebooks.
SendOwl offers almost all the features you need to sell digital and physical products online. They categorize their tools into several different categories, like:
- Sell: Shopping carts, responsive checkout pages, the ability to support several languages and currencies, payment links, and flexible payment options
- Deliver: Fast and secure delivery, digital products, tangible goods, memberships, subscriptions, and drip content
- Market: Discounts and promotional codes, affiliate marketing, one-click upsells, cart abandonments, email marketing integrations, gifting, and pay-what-you-want pricing
- Customize: Custom branding, custom checkout fields, and embedded buttons
- Analyze: Order, zero download, full product, and discount code reports, income, upsell, and abandoned cart analytics
- A very easy-to-use platform that works well consistently
- A wide range of integrations with payment gateways, ecommerce platforms, marketing and communication platforms, and member management
- Supports more than a dozen currencies, making SendOwl very convenient for global businesses
- A lengthy 30-day free trial and a free plan
- A very affordable checkout page solution when compared with competitors
- The platform charges a 1% subscription fee on sales
- Overage charges can add up when you surpass standard usage
- Some users have reported limited customer support
- Some users feel that SendOwl’s customization capabilities leave a lot to be desired
SendOwl offers a 30-day free trial. Beyond that, they have two different tiers to choose from:
- Free: No monthly fee for unlimited subscriptions and unlimited usage, but takes 5% of your sales
- Growth: $19/month for unlimited subscriptions and standard usage, and 0% of sales (though a 1% subscription fee applies)
People looking for a sales platform that offers a free or affordably-priced monthly plan that charges based on sales.
Podia was founded in 2014 with a mission to help creative entrepreneurs make a living by doing what they love. They’ve built creator-friendly tools that help users connect with their audience and sell their digital products.
- A beginner-friendly website builder
- An intuitive online course builder
- An easy-to-use sales page builder so you can quickly set up digital downloads and start monetizing your content
- The ability to sell Zoom workshops, classes, and webinars
- The ability to set up an online community, so you have rich, multimedia interactions with your audience
- The ability to organize and deliver coaching sessions
- Affiliate management features like custom commissions, quick payouts, and public or invite-only settings
- Email marketing features so you can send out automated campaigns, dive into analytics, share broadcast emails, and build sales funnels
- A large selection of integrations and iFramely embeds
- A modern, easy-to-navigate UI
- Instant payouts
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- One of the more affordable sales page platforms on the market
- A useful free plan
- Like ConvertKit for email marketing, Podia is designed with creatives in mind
- Podia provides a great experience for both customers and their students
- With the more accessible Mover and Shaker plans, users can’t remove Podia’s branding from their pages
- When compared with other similar platforms, Podia is a pretty simple platform overall that has limited customization
- Some users have reported frustration that it’s hard to speak to customer service on the phone
Podia has a free plan that includes a website, email marketing, the ability to set up an online community, one download, and one coaching product. With this plan, the platform also charges 8% of your sales.
If you’re ready to commit to a paid plan, Podia has three options:
- Mover: $39/month
- Shaker: $89/month
You can also save 17% on the cost of a Podia paid plan if you commit annually rather than monthly.
Content creators and creatives looking to monetize their content, generate passive income, and capitalize on their knowledge and experience. In particular, those who sell online courses, memberships, and digital downloads.
Choosing the best Samcart alternative for your business
As you can see, there’s a wide variety of Samcart alternatives out there—and this article is just the beginning. But we’ll let you in on a little secret: the key to finding the perfect platform to help you create conversion-optimized checkout pages and online shops is reflecting on your business needs.
If you think long and hard about where your business needs the most help and what growth strategies you want to prioritize, you’ll be able to select the platform that best fulfills your needs.
And if you’re looking for a platform that offers the best of both worlds—great checkout experiences and top-notch email marketing content—give Flodesk a try. We have a 30-day free trial, no strings attached.Give your customers a checkout experience they won’t forgetFlodesk makes it easy to connect with your audience, build impactful checkout pages, and sell your digital products.
About the author
Sydney Triggs is a [content] writer, editor & educator from Vancouver, Canada currently settled in Barcelona, Spain. She’s written hundreds of articles about marketing, travel &…