Launch Your Online Business in Just 7 Days
An efficient check-out page is very important to ensure sales, and while Samcart is worth considering, it’s not the only option.
With a global cart abandonment rate of 75%, it’s important to find a check-out solution that works well with your existing sales funnel.
So it’s important to shop around and find a platform that meets the needs of your particular business.
Samcart is a good platform, but as with all tools, it has its drawbacks — one being the steep pricing.
Let’s take a look at 8 of the best Samcart alternatives.
Systeme.io is an all-in-one platform that’ll help you launch and grow your online business.
Our software is built on the idea that you shouldn’t have to outsource every little thing, this reduces the need to integrate with other tools.
Systeme.io allows even those with little tech or coding knowledge to build successful sales funnels and run effective marketing campaigns.
There’s a reason why systeme.io has garnered wide recognition in the online business community.
Systeme.io allows you to:
- Sell products, online courses, and services using effective shopping cart software
- Build a website, set up a blog, and create sales funnels to improve sales
- Set up an email marketing campaign
- Automate your marketing
- Manage affiliates
Systeme.io lets you sell digital or physical products, online courses, and membership sites — making it perfect for whatever you’re selling.
There are several pricing plans to choose from:
- Our Freemium plan covers the basics including 3 sales funnels, unlimited file storage, 1-click upsells, a blog, email marketing campaign, Stripe and PayPal integrations, and 24/7 support to name a few
- The Startup plan at $27/month adds a custom domain and adds extras of everything — extra sales funnels, blogs, membership sites, and other tools you need to build your business
- The Webinar plan at $47/month adds webinars and even more extras of everything
- The Enterprise plan, the top tier plan, only prices at $97/month
With the abundance of features and competitive pricing, systeme.io is well suited for any type of business, even if you’re just getting started.
Systeme.io is well-worth considering, just have a look at what all our happy customers have to say.
ThriveCart is a solid cart platform that’s focused on sales.
It offers many of the same features as Samcart, so if you’re looking for a cart-only platform, this is a good alternative to Samcart.
ThriveCart provides businesses with valuable insights to help teams effectively manage sales funnels and improve conversion rates.
ThriveCart can manage promotions, integrate with other systems, and create custom shopping cart pages.
Some additional features on offer include:
- Split testing
- Bump offers
- Affiliate referral bonuses
- One-click upsells
While it’s a good platform, ThriveCart could provide more template choices and improve their support.
Currently, requests are managed with a ticketing system, instead of live or phone chat support.
Unlike most platforms, ThriveCart doesn’t have a monthly fee, they offer a sizable one-time fee of $495.
ThriveCart is a suitable alternative to Samcart. The price might seem high, considering it’s a once-off payment instead of a monthly payment, it deserves some consideration.
If your business deals with various currencies, PayKickStart might be the platform you’ve been looking for.
What makes this platform really stand out is the sheer number of payment options available to customers — from Visa and Mastercard to Paypal and Wiretransfer, this platform has you covered.
This platform allows you to accept payment in over 135 currencies, both online and offline.
Whatever your customers prefer, PayKickStart probably covers it.
The shopping experience is also customizable with a library of over 50 check-out options.
Aside from the templates and payment options, they’ve got some useful tools, such as:
- Payment gateway integration
- Offer coupons to customers
- Dedicated affiliate center
- 1-click upsells and bump offer availability
Most of the advanced features are only available on the mid and high-range plans — the starter plan is very basic.
At this point, split tests aren’t available, and the user interface could be more user-friendly.
The pricing starts at $99 for the Starter plan and goes up to $299 for the Scale plan.
If you’re shopping for payment options, PayKickStart is worth looking into with its range of payment options and the customer checkout experience — but it’s pricey so not ideal for a start-up.
SendOwl works well for businesses that need to deliver physical products.
It’s more basic than the others on this list but still offers a useful set of tools:
Compared to some of the other platforms, functionality is limited.
The check-out page can be customized to an extent, but you have only three basic templates to choose from.
The price is low — the Standard plan is only $15/month while the most expensive option, the Business package, comes in at $39/month.
The low price is appealing, but you get what you pay for — the minimum.
However, if you only need the basics, and your budget is tight, SendOwl might be the one for you.
Previously known as 3DCart, Shift4Shop comes packed with tools to make it easier to run your entire business, not just your shopping cart.
Shift4Shop comes with loads of features such as:
- Website builder and store design
- An integrated order management platform
- Email marketing and landing pages
- A shipping page to keep track of shipping costs
- Integrations with Visa, Discover, Mastercard, American Express, and Paypal
- Support via email or live chats
All of this is included in a free plan, the End to End plan, and here it gets interesting.
The free plan is only available in the US, so international users need to pay for plans and extra add-ons that could make it pricey for anyone not living in the US.
If you’re in the US and want to use the free plan, you have to use the Shift4 Payment platform.
However, there have been some concerns regarding this payment platform, and when it comes to payment, you want things as easy as possible for your customer.
For those not willing to take a chance on the Shift4 Payment platform, and those outside of the US, there are three plans:
- $29/month for a Basic Store
- $79/month for a Plus Store
- $229/month for a Pro Store
The pricing for the Basic and Plus store isn't outrageous, so it's a feasible option even for those outside the US.
However, Shift4 Payment only acquired 3DCart in November 2020 making them the new kid on the block.
3DCart was great, but only time will tell if Shift4Shop can say the same.
Gumroad is a fairly basic platform aimed at creatives — it has a lot of useful features and is ideal for small businesses with a low volume of sales.
This platform’s simplicity and user-friendly interface are two of its best features.
Gumroad covers the basics by providing:
- A landing page to introduce your business
- A simple and effective checkout page
- Business analytics to give some insight into your sales
- Integrations with PayPal and most major credit card companies
For a small business or a start-up that only needs the basics to get going, Gumroad could be the answer.
The price tag is low which is also appealing.
But again, you get what you pay for.
Compared to SamCart, the functionality and customization options are limited.
With a platform like systeme.io, you have access to email marketing options and assistance with sales funnels.
With Gumroad, you’re on your own.
This means having extra expenses to find and integrate other applications to do this for you.
Gumroad has a free option, and the premium package starts at $10/month for less than 1,000 customers.
The pricing is based on a tiered system, so the price increases as the number of customers increases — with the highest tier being $250 for 50,000+ customers.
The pricing is not bad but when you invest in a shopping cart, you're paying for tools and features.
Suddenly paying more for your shopping cart because you happen to make a lot of sales is an extra risk not everyone is willing to take.
But, for a small business just getting started on a tight budget, Gumroad could be a useful platform to get your foot in the door.
ClickFunnels is Samcart’s biggest competitor.
With their wide range of features, it’s not hard to see why.
ClickFunnels is a comprehensive marketing tool that guides you through the entire process — from the landing page builder to the smart shopping cart features.
This comes at a steep price of course.
Some of ClickFunnels features include:
- Landing pages with over 20 templates for any kind of business
- Tools to build your sales funnel
- Affiliate programs
- Payment integrations for Stripe, PayPal, and Easy Pay Direct to name a few
The main advantage is that the tool is easy to use even for those not so tech-savvy meaning that you won’t need lots of coding knowledge.
However, customization is limited, the software can be buggy, and customer support isn’t great, which is surprising considering the price tag.
But ClickFunnels is not cheap — with all of its features, it’ll cost you:
- The Basic plan starts at $97/month and is very basic — it happens to be the same price as systeme.io’s top-tier plan
- In order to really use the platform effectively, you need the Platinum plan which is $297/month
- The top-tier Enterprise plan is $2497/month
With the range of features, it’s clear why ClickFunnels is Samcart’s biggest competitor.
If you’re a start-up or on a tight budget, this is not the tool for you.
Last but not least of the Samcart alternatives is BigCommerce.
BigCommerce is easy to use and can deal with both online and physical stores — making it a good alternative for small businesses that have a foot in both worlds.
This platform is mainly a shopping cart and provides all the tools you need:
- A landing page and store builder
- Useful integrations with other platforms such as Etsy for cross channel selling
- Integrations with platforms like ShipperHQ for easy cross border delivery
- Multiple payment options including digital wallets, like PayPal, and local payment methods
BigCommerce is an effective shopping cart.
However, it doesn’t provide extra business tools, like sales funnels, that you would get from an all-in-one platform like systeme.io.
There are limitations on bandwidth and sales depending on your plan, and the templates and themes are also very basic and limited.
There are three pricing options:
- $29.95/month for the Basic plan
- $79.95/month for the Plus plan
- $299.95/month for the Pro plan
If you’re looking to expand from a physical store to an online presence, or if you have physical products that'll need shipping, BigCommerce is worth investigating.
It’s a solid shopping cart, but it doesn’t come with all the tools you’ll need to build an effective online business — for that, you’ll need a more comprehensive platform, like systeme.io.
9. What’s the best Samcart alternative?
This depends on what you need and what your budget looks like.
Some of the alternative shopping carts offer free plans or low-cost plans — and most offer a free trial period.
You have plenty of options so take the time to test drive those you are interested in and consider:
- Does it have all the tools you need to run your business — whether it’s just an effective shopping cart or a comprehensive business solution?
- Does it fit your budget?
- What is their customer service like? You don’t want to get stuck with a technical problem and not have any help
Migrating your data from your current platform to a new one is easy, so don’t feel you need to stick with one platform because that’s what you started with.
A successful business needs a successful shopping cart, so it’s imperative to find one that fits.
Whether you’re a start-up or a successful business, you need an effective shopping cart.
A shopping cart that’s glitchy or complicated will lose you sales.
Luckily, there are loads of shopping carts out there, so you can pick and choose one that fits your business.
Take your time to do your homework and invest in a shopping cart software that meets your needs — be it webinars, consultations services, or products that need to be shipped across the world.
If you need more than a shopping cart, consider giving systeme.io a try.
The basic plan is free — so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Build a sales funnel, create a website, and sell products or online courses — systeme.io has you covered.
Get started with our Freemium plan today!
Other posts about eCommerce and cart software:
- A 2022 Review on PayKickStart: Is it the Best Cart?
- ThriveCart Review: Is it Worth it?
- Shopify: Is it Worth it? An In-depth Review (2022)
- A Better Alternative to Sellfy
Download the book
Get this free guide
The New System to Launch
an Online Business
What you'll learn:
- How to start your first online business in 7 days
- How to master a high-income online skill
- The secrets to scaling your business to the next level
We HATE spam. Your email address is 100% secure